Address: Northwestern Las Vegas, NV
Primary E-mail: email@example.com
LinkedIn Profile: lnkd.in/XzNmBs
I am a detail oriented, analytical, and fast-learning individual who has experience in a variety of industries and have been focusing my skills on industrial automation, control and instrumentation since 1999. I have 17 years worth of PLC, robotics and electrical troubleshooting experience, a growing set of programming skills, and am always interested in developing new skills and applying them to solve technical problems.
Control System Engineer
From 7/2013 to Present at
<insert current employer here>
- Designing, Programming and Testing AB ConrtolLogix Systems to customer specifications, including:
- SCADA Control
- Digital and Analog (4-20 mA) I/O
- Remote I/O, often radio relayed, via Ethernet and ModBus
- Project management and organization assistance
- Face-to-face customer relations
- Loop testing, instrument calibration, and acceptance testing of Industrial Control Systems
- Troubleshooting and repair of a variety of control systems
Maintenance Shift Lead / Automation Specialist
From 2/2012 to 6/2013 at Gentex Optics in Dudley, MA
- Support in house engineering team with the installation of automated inspection and sorting system, incorporating:
- MagneMotion Liner Servo Motor conveyor system
- Mitsubishi Robot arms (6 Axis Articulated and SCARA arms)
- PC and PLC controlled machine vision inspection cells and servo driven processing cells
- Maintain and calibrate injection molding and a variety of other production machinery, using CMMS, electrical, electronic and mechanical tools and techniques.
- Support the Safety Team with observations, ideas and by implementing solutions to reduce hazard exposure.
- Troubleshoot and repair machines through analysis of PLC and relay logic, mechanical systems and CMMS historical data.
Technical Support Representative
From 3/2010 to 2/2012 at Shanklin / Sealed Air Inc. in Ayer, MA
- Develop and execute training materials and classes for Sealed Air / Shanklin packaging equipment.
- Travel to customer sites for machine upgrades, installations, training, and other support.
- Develop detailed documentation and provide phone support to end users and field service representatives for Sealed Air / Shanklin packaging equipment.
- Support the engineering department with detailed feedback and solutions for problems observed in the field.
Electronics Automation Specialist
From 11/2009 to 3/2010 at Sonoco Inc. in Devens, MA
- Returned to my previous position at this company (see below) as a contractor to cover 3rd shift staff shortage during plant shutdown / relocation.
From 10/2008 to 7/2009 at Schott Solar in Billerica, MA
- Maintain, repair and modify a wide variety of production machinery, electronic and instrumentation components using a variety of electrical, electronic and mechanical tools and techniques.
- Troubleshoot and repair machines operation through analysis of PLC and relay logic, and mechanical systems.
- Support upgrades and analysis of machinery by engineering.
Lead Automation Technician
From 1/2008 to 9/2008 at SynQor in BoxBoro, MA
- Maintain, repair and troubleshoot robotic pick and place cells used for the assembly and testing of printed circuit boards.
- Determining the root cause of failure for machine and product related failures. using SQL based data collection engine to determine product and process quality, and possible areas for improvement.
- Provide guidance and instruction to fellow Automation Technicians.
Electronics Automation Specialist
From 4/1999 to 1/2008 at Sonoco Inc. in Devens, MA
- Maintain, repair and modify a wide variety of production machinery, electronic and instrumentation components using up-to-date electrical, electronic and instrumentation technology.
- Troubleshoot problems in machine operation through analysis of PLC and relay logic, automated machine vision, etc.
- Additionally support start-up, maintenance and operation of machinery by mechanics and operators.
- Allen Bradley PLCs – programming, and as a troubleshooting tool.
- Computer Automated Vision – DVT and CVIM systems.
- Electrical / Relay Logic Troubleshooting
- Radio Frequency Welding – general theory and requirements
- Programming – Adept V+, Melfa BASIC, C, C++, *NIX shell, Perl
- Computer Networking – Ethernet addressing and protocols
- Machine Networking – DH+, Ethernet, token ring networks
- Touch Typing - up to 50wpm.
- Linux server administration - primarily with Debian based distributions
Springfield Technical Community College, Springfield, MA
- Enrolled in their Electrical-Robotics Program.
- Graduated with Associate in Applied Science.
University of Massachusetts, Lowell, MA
- Continuing education classes, focusing on computer skills
- Programming in the C language and shell scripting.
- Operations of UNIX type operating systems.